메뉴 건너뛰기

한국청소년교육원

This informative article is specifically aimed at video producers who are usually interested in having the many out of their loading video productions in conditions of video and sound quality.

bokepIt mainly requires the best working methods for ensuring that your streaming video wrestles properly with that dastardly beast, the "compression monster", which usually wants to turn all your pristine video to electronic mush.

I came through a background in professional video and media production in Perth, Western Australia, shooting TV commercials, impartial film, corporate video, and much much more. With the creation of the web, I became excited about the possibility of using it as a way associated with delivering quality streaming video clip advertising for businesses in Perth and around the world.

So I founded the current business, ONLINE FEELING, and entered developing video clip specifically tailored for loading. The problem was, although I was familiar with the idea of video data compresion, one of the most I'd ever arrive up from this beast has been at the degree of VHS or DVD production, exactly where it occasionally wrangled yet never inflicted serious damage upon me.

The reality associated with video streaming compression had been a huge adjustment however , as I watched pin number sharp images shredded directly into digital mud before my eyes, and heard glorious soaring music turned in to a horrific sequence of farts and dying bumblebees.
Over the course associated with time, through experience of testing and producing many streaming videos for local clients, I learnt the best practices and techniques regarding shooting and editing loading video. I won't state I've tamed the compression monster, as they still lurks over my shoulder on every shoot, but I actually will say that I have learnt how to keep him under control plus make it through the movie compression process with just a few scratches right here and there.

So this content articles includes a number of tips and guides to help you battle this particular beast in your next streaming video production.
SHOOTING
1. Let there end up being Light - I'll begin with the most obvious plus what can be considered as one of the most crucial aspects in producing quality movie streaming. I know there's a lot of things created about this recommending strongly-lit flat lighting (i. electronic - no shadows).

The particular theory being that decreasing contrast in your image means that it will certainly compress more efficiently and you will end up with a higher quality streaming image. This isn't quite right, as the human belief of "sharpness" relies on contrast differences, and even though a higher comparison image may in numerical terms be less well compressed at a -pixel by pixel level, this will create the illusion of being sharper to the viewer.

Basically the particular rule for best high quality is to provide a easy ratio of contrast, plus to favor large smooth sources that don't over light what you're seeking to shoot. Blasting light straight from your camera position over the entire scene is not going to produce beneficial results in terms associated with streaming video quality.
The best results come from smooth directional sources, but there's also room for backlighting and other creative approaches.

You have to create allowances for the eventual data compresion, but that generally means keeping your image contrast within an acceptable ratio. Low light is actually the problem, and night capturing can be difficult. Any kind of grain will probably play havoc and awake the old compression monster, who will hungrily eat up every little vibrating pixel.

You may use grain removing plug-ins, but they can have the result of softening your image and will shrink sometimes worse. Crushing your own black levels entirely can sometimes help, and de-saturating your image and modifying midtones can also become useful.
If you have got to shoot in low-light on the street, attempt not too using the particular gain controls on your camera, and instead get a reduced shutter (if your digital camera has it). Lower shutter speeds will generally compress better. For interview subjects in the studio, We generally use a soft key and a bit of a kicker or backlight, with just the little bit of frontal fill.

For video compression I make sure the background is relatively static and defocused. Using green display screen and replacing the background with a blurred nevertheless image or slowly relocating blurred background is effective, plus keeping background colors moderate helps compression.
second . Digital camera movement - Obviously a lot of fast digital camera movement is going in order to require higher rates of compression for streaming movie. But different types associated with movement also have various effects. A smooth dolly photo will actually compress reasonably well however interestingly enough, the same move-in or out using a move instead will not shrink well, and generally zooms should be avoided if feasible.

Hand-held images will are likely to suffer greatly, unless of course they are stabilized afterwards using a software plug-in like Steadymove. Steadicam shots can work reasonably well in case done well. Unfortunately the majority of steadicam shots contain a bit of 'float' which usually, although barely perceptible to the average viewer, will never compress as well since a genuine dolly or even track shot.

Locked away shots will obviously shrink best, though it really is reliant on what's in front of the camera!
a few. Motion in front -- Certain things compress properly, while certain other points compress poorly. Water and waves look beautiful plus crystalline on DVD, but in the streaming video world they fall in order to pieces. They carry required much randomly moving good detail. The same along with leaves blowing on the tree in the wind.

If you're shooting an interview or spot along with someone in front associated with a tree with good leaves on a windy day time, you should consider moving them to take within a background with much less motion. Obviously you need to have things relocating your camera frame to provide interest (that's the whole point of having video clip over a slide show), but think about just how much of the frame is moving.

If you may isolate your moving issue with a longer lens and have the history blur out, that will certainly compress better and also appear sharper to your audience. Because of the little screen size, when capturing people move in a little tighter. Close ups could be most effective.
4. VBR as well as the art of "compression accounting" - You need to know that using Variable Bit Rate for the video clip will provide a substantial quality boost for many videos over standard CBR (constant bit rate). But to maximize the standard of your streaming video you may have to take advantage of this variable bit rate capacity simply by doing what I refer to as compression accounting.

Exactly what is that? Imagine I have a spending budget of $250 per day with regard to a month to buy whatever goodies I want. In a strict CBR world I get $250 at the start of the first day, plus, regardless of whether I spent the whole great deal delete word, it would move back to zero at the end. The second day I had created get $250 again and so on. Therefore , in CBR world, I may as well spend all associated with my $250, because there is no saving for the next day.

If I actually visit a $800 guitar in the window, I cannot buy it, because I will never have that much money, and I have got to settle for a poorer quality $200 1 instead. In VBR planet however, there is saving. If I don't spend the $250 on the very first day, and instead spend $150, which means I may spend the $100 I actually saved some other time.
In effect, I may restrict my spending in the present so We can get that $800 guitar in the future with the money I saved. If might uncovered the meaning within my torturous analogy, what this means is this : when shooting in VBR mode I've got an idea of how many data bits I've got to get and I can spread them out there accordingly.

Knowing that I want to shoot something with the large amount of camera movement, like a dynamic steadicam photo through a crowd of moving people, I am aware that I should balance that will out with a couple of locked off pictures with little if any movement. Is actually the equivalent of spending $800 on that guitar (the steadicam shot), simply by scrimping on other days (i. e.

shooting the particular lock-offs). When it arrives to encoding, the encoder will look in the video clip on the first move, note the amount of movement in each shot and workout an typical level of compression for each shot given the overall average it has in order to play with. The steadicam shot might take 800kbps while the lock-off pictures only take 80-100kbps.

Therefore the trick is managing out the amount of complicated and simple shots to take best advantage associated with VBR compression. With any kind of luck you'll have a good balance and finish up with much better make use of of compression to give you a better quality loading video.
5. Shoot modern - Shooting for loading video implies that you're creating for a computer screen, which usually is typically an FLAT SCREEN. The way computer process moving images is essentially distinctive from your typical TV. I possibly could write three thousands of words about the specialized differences, but basically the conclusion is that progressive scanned or de-interlaced movie perfectly fits the method a pc monitor displays these images.

Interlaced video (which contains fields) displays movement perfectly well on televisions, but will traditionally not really encode motion well along with streaming video, creating motion artifacts and occasional streaking effects. The best choice is to shoot using a camera that delivers pictures in progressive scan setting.

While there are expensive professional cameras, most customer models won't. However the prosumer models produced by Canon, namely the XL-1, XL-2 and XM2, almost all feature a 'frame' mode that make these digital cameras adapt well to streaming video. Failing that, movies should be de-interlaced either from the editing stage using software (e. g Premiere Pro, Avid), or from the encoding stage.

Quality encoders for example Canopus procoder typically offer de-interlaced delivery.
EDITING and FINISHING
1. Classical cuts - The compression aspect of streaming video indicates that a classical capturing style produces better results than MTV style camerawork. As well as the same thing can be applied to editing. Although modifying still has to be pretty snappy to suit within the time format, there aren't the elegant flash frames and transitions you would normally favour when shooting for TV or DVD delivery.

Among the great sacrifices I actually felt in the earlier days of producing streaming video advertisements was when I had to lose the straightforward cross-dissolve. Cross-dissolves are usually one of the most commonly used transitions between shots and before I started to produce streaming video for the web I used all of them frequently.

Unfortunately cross-dissolves avoid compress well, and if you watch streaming videos carefully you will observe during the particular dissolve from one chance to the next presently there are a lot of artifacts - a certain sign that this transition impact is gobbling up useful compression dollars!

A straight cut is just the the majority of efficient way to move, and if you take a look at almost just about all the streaming video examples featured on my website, you will see that every single transition is really a straight reduce. That might seem restricting, but after a whilst of doing videos like that will, you'll learn how to use that will method of editing, plus strangely enough it'll furthermore help you construct sequences better.

It may appear strange to some with high-end video editing software with literally hundreds of available changes, but you'll actually begin to appreciate the art of editing more for all those able to create the rhythm and flow from straight cutting.
2. Quality your image for LCD and compression - Another difference between standard TVs and computer LCDs are usually the way they procedure colour. When grading regarding streaming video delivery a person have quite a little bit of latitude for "souping-up" the colour, as these people will typically display a lot more colour saturation that most televisions.

Grading images is another key to making certain your final streaming video clip looks its best on-line. Beefing up contrast using levels filters or unsharp mask filters is another way of creating the perception of a sharper video clip image, and counteracts each the softening effect associated with LCD displays as well as the relatively washed out effect made by some encoders during the video compression process.

Keep in mind there are trade-offs to overdoing it with the colour though - it requires more compression to process those saturated colours. If you're after maximium sharpness at low bit-rates, you should actually consider de-saturating the colour or going all the particular way and having it in B&W or monochrome.

bokep3. Different facets - 1 thing you may actually take advantage of creatively as a producer associated with streaming videos is that you can create streaming movies with virtually any factor ratio you desire. Through ultra-widescreen to vertical skyscraper formats, you're not restricted by the aspect ratio of your TV or camera.

This has partially might be accounted for by the fact that, when if you're producing video streaming ads, your screen-size or measurements are smaller that your own originally captured image. Therefore all kinds of showing effects can take place. This can be helpful also when producing video clips that are part associated with banners, alongside other visuals.
If your editing software supports different aspect proportions, experiment with this, or if it doesn't, you can always crop later on in an encoding system. You may even select to edit inside a compositing program like Adobe After Effects, which permits you any screen size and aspect ratio you wish.

4. Different speeds - One thing that may compress well is sluggish motion. The difference between successive frames is usually small and so this compresses reasonably well. I personally use a special frame-blender to produce very smooth sluggish motion video effects and reduce the choppiness of video slow motion. One more thing I end upward doing sometimes in respect to motion is using fast short ramps (fast motion) within shots.

This could eat up data, as a person end of with the lot of difference among successive frames, however it really does give videos lots of power, and if the ramp is quick the harm could be minimal. Adding a keyframed blur within the ramp can work to minimize this if you're doing a whip-pan move as well.

4. Audio - Sound quality is just because important as video. In case you skimp on audio, it'll bring down the particular whole level of your own production. If you're using voice-over, make sure your talent speaks clearly and try and EQ them tight, which sometimes means backing off bass frequencies and creating a punchy middle.

Music is also very important. For those who have in order to use generic or stock music, try and favor simple arrangements and back off the cheese element. Arrangements with short punchy sounds, like percussive devices, compress better than long dense sounds, just like a string band.

It all depends on how you encode this obviously. In the early days, in order to maximize the video bit rate, I'd use very reduced audio rates. Using windows media encoding, I'd make use of their "voice codec" in 20kbps mono. If your own mix of voice plus music is sharp and punchy, it'd hold up reasonably well, as lengthy as the music failed to feature a lot associated with dense sustained notes.

Because more people have obtained faster connections, I've upped the bit rate and today tend to use 32kbps stereo (albeit at the lower sample rate) or sometimes higher. A good mono sound is superior to the stereo sound that's busting up due to compression, so be careful.

The one great thing about using Windows media, rather than Flash, is that a person can produce high quality sound at very low bit-rates, because the windows sound codec is remarkably great and far superior to mp3. If you have to encode within Flash, try and see what codec has been used for your audio.

The particular best mp3 codec widely in use is the particular LAME codec.
five. Delivery Formats - Whenever I started, there have been actually 3 major formats for streaming that I felt were an option: Windows media, Realplayer and Quicktime. Lots of testing went into it, and basically this came down between Windows media and Realplayer. From the time I sensed Realplayer offered slightly better quality and better colour vividness, though because of the widespread use of windows press player (thanks to the particular monopolizing of Gates' Microsoft), Windows media was our preferred delivery format.

With regard to me, Real and Quicktime have basically fallen off the radar in terms of streaming video. Now is actually down to two choices - Windows media plus Flash 8. Flash was never really efficient enough before to offer the true substitute for the other people, but with the common acceptance of the Flash format for video and the improvement of Expensive video with the new On2 codec, it is a real choice. The ease in which it is able to integrate into webpages, since well as Flash-created data files, makes it very appealing.

It still doesn't offer the overall efficiency associated with Windows, which at a compression level for video clip and audio still is victorious out. You'll have to choose yourself what's best for your streaming video clip delivery format.
Also, when I started, I was carrying out exclusively real streaming, that will is, intelligent multi-bitrate loading using a Windows loading server. I released however that, if I needed to produce very high quality articles at reasonable bit prices, then streaming wasn't quite going to do it for me personally.

That's why intensifying download, with its 2-pass VBR, basically won me more than as a way associated with delivering short (typically 2minutes or less) video advertisements online. I'll use intelligent streaming for other items which require low bit-rates, like audio and nevertheless sequences, but that's about all.

I hope this provides given you a couple of ideas about best operating practices for producing loading videos, whether or not they be with regard to online advertising, videos or whatever. Video streaming bears with it a particular set of work practices that set it apart from the production demands of other media, like DVD AND BLU-RAY.

Having an idea variations before you go into a streaming video manufacturing will hold you in good stead, and help you to produce a a lot better end result.
Thanks for additional reading, and I hope to meet up with you at some time down the track with more articles. You may visit my website at website website or e-mail me with questions.
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
22360 Data Restoration: Do's And Don'ts Of Data Reduction EugeneP5836295308738 2016.06.28 6
22359 New Concept In Acquiring Clients LVLLorenza55606788210 2016.06.28 1
22358 Now If You Are Considering Internet Advertising And Advertising Need Audio And Video, You May Simplify The Process ChrisHand280425073378 2016.06.28 1
22357 10 Ways To Spot A Failing Hard Generate NadineFairbairn069 2016.06.28 7
22356 Andrew Charlton Count The Methods Sydney Australia Is At Its Greatest The Thirty Day Period Of October OdetteChick61823358 2016.06.28 2
22355 View FOX, HBO, ABC, NBC, CBS And FOX Reside Streaming Television Shows Online-Over 3000 Channels On L MelodyRepin6190077 2016.06.28 1
22354 How You Can Record Streaming Audio JosetteIfl4014658657 2016.06.28 1
22353 Finding A Mac Data Restoration Services FosterArdill800 2016.06.28 2
22352 Movie Streaming Where To Discover Streaming Video WarrenAgosto39991 2016.06.28 1
» Loading Video Tips And Methods For Video Producers : Taming It Compression Beast BonnieSpafford82 2016.06.28 1
22350 Stand Up To 80 Off An Amazon Fire Tablet : And More Of This Best Deals From Around The Web JoniMcLellan440221 2016.06.28 1
22349 Finding A Mac Data Restoration Service JodyLanders7873 2016.06.28 2
22348 Video Clip Streaming How To Make Use Of Streaming Video JanessaHinchcliffe8 2016.06.28 2
22347 Down Load Movies The Right Way Dotty33G809534871 2016.06.28 1
22346 Spending More Time With A GP 'is More LatonyaSaiz1502891 2016.06.28 10
22345 Usb Information Restoration-How To Recover Information From Usb Flash Generate? VonShay527671604883 2016.06.28 1
22344 Recovery With Software ErrolBlock74146552193 2016.06.28 0
22343 Top 5 Total Arizona Diamondbacks - Your Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide 2009 ReginaldM7457994 2016.06.28 1
22342 Local Advertise On Yahoo Marketing Advertisers OlivaLysaght99604568 2016.06.28 4
22341 Data Restoration: Do's And Don'ts Of Data Loss CarlaT159144636079 2016.06.28 1